While being creative and mixing your Song, you want to use the best Reverb Plugins for your Vocal recordings, Synth, Drums, Snare or Piano Instruments.
Here you get Reverb Mixing Tips for producing your music with FL Studio, Cubase, Ableton, Logic or Reaper.
Find the best Reverb VST-Plugins for making music. Here you get VST effect recommendations and Free Reverb Plugin downloads.
- Best Reverb Vst Plugin a comparison and Price Guide
- Free Reverb Vst Plugins to download
- Best analog reverb effect pedal & processors
- Reverb Explanation
1. Best reverb VST Plugins - The Comparison
This is my reverb comparison and price Guide. You can hear some reverb examples as well. Try these reverb effects for Ableton Live, Fl Studio, Cubase, Logic pro, Pro tools, Studio One when mixing your music.
Liquid Sonics Seventh Heaven
Relab Sonsig Rev-A
Acustica Audio Silver
Valhalla Supermassive (Free)
Liquid Sonics Cinematic Rooms
Kush Audio Goldplate
The software and hardware manufacturer Kush Audio convinces again and again by its high-quality audio tools. The reverb specialists from Relab worked together on the Goldplate Plate Hall and the result sounds great. You can hear rather small and medium-sized rooms, which can even be made bigger or smaller with the included a width control. There is also a built-in filter and even a compressor unit to boost the sound. Another plus is the built-in drive controller, which produces warm saturation sounds. You can also change the color of the reverb tail between the Steel and Gold controls. Unfortunately an Ilok dongle is required for use, otherwise thumbs up for this amazing reverb plugin.
Soundtoys Little Plate
Price $ 99,-
Slate Verbsuite Classics
8 of the most classic digital reverbs from the past forty years can be accessed in one single reverb plugin. A Few of these reverbs have never been released in a plugin before. VerbSuite Classics reproduce the actual tone and modulation characteristics of a reverb using LiquidSonics' proprietary Fusion-IR processing knowledge. Unlike static impulse responses found in a typical convolution reverb, Fusion-IRs are able to clone the evolving character of modulated digital reverbs which makes it possible to create the lively and convincing acoustic spaces so accurate for hit records.
Exponential Audio Nimbus
Exponential Audio Nimbus is an algorithmic reverb effect. According to the manufacturer, this reverb plugin is used in several movies and by Grammy-winning producers. This vst effect is equipped with overdrive to give the reverb tail more warmth and assertiveness. There is also tempo synchronization to calculate the pre-delay automatically. There is also the option to dampen the reverb tail for more dynamics automatically. Another option is a compressor or expander with an included warp option. To get inspired, you can also click through the nearly 1200 presets.
Lexicon PCM Native Reverb
Lexicon is famous for its production of superior reverb devices, not without reason the hardware equipment was found in many famous recording studios.
Meanwhile it is possible to imitate the special DSP predecessors with at least equal quality on computers. The Lexicon PCM Native Reverb consists of 7 single vst plugins.
- Vintage Plate
- Random Hall
- Concert Hall
Valhalla Vintage Verb is a versatile recommendation in terms of performance quality and price! Good for subtle short rooms and crazy modulated stuff. A true character verb with 3 Color modes for dialing the tone color
This Vst includes 17 Reverb Algorithms:
- Concert Hall
- Bright Hall
- Random Space
- Chorus Space
- Dirty Hall
- Dirty Plate
- Smooth Plate
- Smooth Room
- Smooth Random
- Chaotic Hall
- Chaotic Chamber
Another Valhalla reverb plugin with a simple GUI, always conducive to very quickly dialing in sound. Room sounds absolutely amazing and is very tweakable. This Plugin is a little more tailored for clean and realistic sounding reverb. They'll put your drums right in the room with you or can add a nice airy sheen.
Valhalla room comes with 12 reverberation algorithms:
- Large Room
- Medium Room
- Bright Room
- Large Chamber
- Dark Room
- Dark Chamber
- Dark Space
- Dense Room
Valhalla Shimmer is one of my favorite reverb VST Plugins out there. Shimmer is the best Reverb for Ambient Sounds and Synth Pads and can be described as a vast sounding Hall with a long and huge tail, which brings you into another world. This Algorithmic Reverberation Plugin is not the most natural sounding Vst effect. The Interface is very minimalistic and easy to use. Shimmer also includes a pitch shifting function and a so-called bright and dark mode. Try it if you work on Techno and House Music and every kind of electronic music sound design.
A Natural sounding algorithmic reverb, with dozens of room models. The VST Plugin is very easy to adjust to fit the mix, it is definitely one of the most flexible and great sounding reverbs on the market. Pro-R has a very nice workflow, for editing the decay and pre and post equing. The overall reverb sound is kind of lush and known for its superb realistic musical spaces. Because of it's clean sound, Pro-R is almost invisible and you never have a problem with muddy sound layers. If you search a reverb which preserves the source audio and is not known for its special vintage character, than Fabfilter's Pro-R is your right choice.
D16 Toraverb 2
Recreate any type of reverb with Toraverb's algorithm based concept reverb, to achieve an excellent lush result. D16 is famous for its electronic music Vst Plugins; this is their Reverb Flagship you should give a try. Toraverb is equipped with two independent, single band, fully parametric equalizers with 3 available curve types each.
Other Key features:
- High quality diffusion network
- Pre-delay with optional tempo sync
- Reverb's tail modulation
- Controllable crosstalking spatial reflections
- Early and Late mixer
- Built-in ducker
- Adjustable FX crossfade characteristics
Softube Spring Reverb
Like every Spring Verb, Softube's VST Plugin brings much character to your sound. Spring verbs are often used in guitar amplifiers. Spring verbs always have an extraordinary sound, so listen to some demo sounds yourself. Use this VST to give your vocals, snare drums, percussions, and basses a special feeling. Some say the sound can sound very weird with spring verbs; in any case, it generates some nonlinearities and subtle quirks.
Softube TSAR-1 Reverb
Eventides Blackhole is another quality Reverb. This VST effect plugin is designed to create abstract spaces and is perfect for creative sound design. If you are looking to create realistic spaces, Blackhole is not the right tool. With the settings Mod Depth and Mad Rate you can create very abstract reverb effects and weird sounds. In addition, this reverb plugin has an integrated equalizer, so you can cut the frequencies of your reverb tail. In the presets you'll find nice modulated effects, including reverse-reverbs, filtered reverbs and resonant effects. Use this massive reverb to create atmospheric soundscapes, with the morphing ribbon function you also have a very creative tool at your disposal.
Hofa IQ Reverb
Audio Ease Altiverb
The Audio Ease Altiverb is a quite expensive, but ultimative convolution reverb. Even if this Audio Ease Reverb is very CPU hungry, you will reach the best results to put your Drums, Guitars or Orchestral Instruments into a Room. When you hear it you will realize that it's one of the most natural and realistic sounding reverbs out there. They went to real spaces and buildings to record impulse responses.
2. Free reverb vst Plugins to download
HERE IS A LIST OF FREE DOWNLOADable Reverb VST PLUGINS, CLICK ON THE LINKS TO LOAD THE FILES ON YOUR HARD DRIVE
- TAL REVERB 1 / 2/ 3/ 4 - Diffuse Vintage reverb Sounds
- Semantic Audio's Safe Reverb
- Dasample Glace Verb - algorithms for a natural sounding reverb, 64 presets included
- Smartelectronicx Ambience Reverb - A classic, quality and Ambience Reverb effect
- Voxengo Oldschool Verb - A non percussive, algorithmic Vintage reverb
- Variety of Sound's epicVerb - Epic sounds by small room and ambience effects, this VST comes with a included EQ
- U-He Protoverb is a natural and experimental sounding room simulator
3. Best Reverb Effect Pedal & Processors
from $ 799,-
TC Electronic HOF
Buy TC Electronic HOf from $ 149,-
Buy Boss RV-6 Digital Reverb
from $ 146,-
Buy Lexicon PCM92 from $ 1799,-
Buy Lexicon MX200 Price: $ 199,-
Buy Donner Digital from $ 45,-
Buy Lexicon PCM96 from $ 2999,-
Eventide Space reverb
from $ 499,-
Buy Caline CP-26 from $ 39,-
4.What is Reverb
- A Reverb is the acoustic space that surrounds a sound(reverberation). The acoustic environment sound is influenced by other factors like, the length, width and height of a room.
- Another factor that influences the sound is the materials used to make the walls, floors or objects nearby. When you perceive a reverb, you hear closely spaced echoes and the sound created by the decay of the hall, influenced by the spatial design.
- A reverb is created in just about any natural environment, but can also be generated by a computer / DSP algorithm. These hardware devices or VST effect plugins are designed to create natural as well as supernatural environments.
Why you should use reverb effects?
To give more space to your songs. Due to the depth graduation, you can place individual instruments in different rooms to improve the acoustical locatability
Parameters of reverb effects
- Reverb: Hall algorithm for generating general spatial effects ("reverberation", etc.)
- Type and Shape: Selection of the basic algorithm: simulated room size, ratio and arrangement of the room boundaries
- Predelay: determines the delay between the original signal and the reverb tail; The latter is divided into two main components
- Density: Density of the reverb - low density may sometimes sound unnatural or "clanking", but high density may be partly muddy
- Time: Affects simulated size as well as decay behavior of the room
- Early Reflections: First reflections (superimposition of single, few times reflected echoes
- Reverb: Reverb tail (diffuse superposition of many, already often reflected echoes)
- Wet / Dry Mix: Ratio of effect to original signal.
- Delay: Delay algorithm for generating "echo" effects
Types of reverb
1. The Hall Reverb realistically reproduces perfectly acoustically optimized rooms. These rich sounding rooms are typically concert halls, with minimal echoes and resonances that negatively impact the sound. Have you ever been to a classical concert hall optimized for several $100,000? If not, you should treat yourself to this sound experience in the next big city.
2. The Room Reverb is the classic tool for giving a basic spatiality to individual instruments or a complete mix. The room Reverb recreates realistic rooms with walls. So you can make your instruments sound as if you had recorded them in a cathedral, a large hangar, an acoustically optimized studio or in your living room. The Room Reverb creates a natural coloration and sounds very beautiful in combination with organic instruments.
3. The Chamber Reverb is a nice warm, energetic reverb with a lot of vibe. This reverb is perfect for giving color to your instruments or vocals. The chamber reverb was born before the digital age. It was supposed to reproduce large optimized spaces, which was more or less successful. But well, in a positive spirit a new reverb was born.
4. Plate Reverb algorithms are preferred for drums, percussion and vocals. They usually have a bright, smooth sound and produce the typical shiny reverb tail. However, they are not defined by a realistic room. This reverb is a mechanical reverberation in which the dry signal is sent through a metal plate and then recorded again. This results in a very dense reverb, which has a lot of power when mixing.
5. The digital Algorithmic reverb can be generated without natural acoustic vibrations and echoes. Rather, echoes can be generated electronically by computer calculations / simulations. The advantage of the Convolution reverb is that it can simulate the reverb exactly and can sound very natural. This kind of reverb was very influential for the music of the 80s.
fl studio Reverb
In Fl Studio 20, three reverb effect plugins are included by default.
- Fruity Reverb
- Fruity Reverb 2
- Fruity Convolver (Sample Reverb)
You can also install more Vst plugins. On this page you will find an overview of other free reverb effects and higher quality plugins that you have to pay.