Every day thousands of new songs are released on Spotify, how do you manage to promote your music organically and for free on Spotify? Read these free promotion tips and learn how to get Spotify plays and submit to Spotify Playlists.
Free Spotify Promotion Tips 2021
- Complete your Profile info via Spotify for Artists. Upload a current profile photo and add a bio to tell your story and connect to your audience.
- Use Spotify for Artists: Claim your Artist profile or get access instantly through a distributor. Why? You will be told in the next steps.
- Consistent music publishing is king. To build up a fanbase, you have to publish Music regularly over a long period. You will surely see the first positive results after one year, but the big success can often only be seen after three years. That depends on how good your marketing skills are and, of course, the quality of your Music.
- Regularly release new Music every 4 to 6 weeks, or minimum every quarter of a year.
- Release Singles instead of EP's or Albums because you have more opportunities to release new Music regularly to find your audience.
- Pitch your Music to Official Spotify Playlists via Spotify for Artists (the latest you should be pitching is seven days before your release date, better four weeks before). Log in to Spotify for Artists on Desktop; at the top of the home tab, select pitch a song, choose a song, and fill out the info. The more information Spotify gets, the better are your chances to be selected.
- Submit to Spotify Playlists: Search popular playlists and try to contact music curators via Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, or e-mail. Often the playlist curators use the same name as on Spotify.
- If you send your Music to playlist curators, also check if the playlist has real followers. Isitagoodplaylist.com is a great spotify playlist analyzer to see if the playlist has real valuer to promote your songs.
- Identify your unique music style; over time, the Spotify algorithm will find the right listeners for you.
- Use Spotify Canvas to add looping visuals to your song: Spotify Canvas is a feature to upload 3-8 second looping videos to your release; this has a positive effect on your shares, playlist adds, and streams. Use it now with Spotify for Artists.
- Use Artist's Pick to feature Music at the top of your profile. Make a track, an album, or a playlist the focus of your profile for two weeks.
- Share any Playlists you are featured on via your Social Media Channels.
- Build your Playlists while supporting other artists and showcasing your sound. Use keyword optimization to get found. Implement the most critical keywords in the title and your playlist description.
- Asks your Fans to follow you on Spotify, so your Music will show up in their Discover Weekly & Release Radar playlists.
- Try to Collaborate with Other Musicians or produce remixes to get more Spotify plays.
- Drive Traffic to your Spotify Tracks via Social Media, Your Website, Reddit, Quora, etc.
- Build an E-mail list and send your new Music releases to your Fans
- If your fanbase is big enough, try to convince them to buy your music through Bandcamp or Beatport to earn more from your music.
- Spotify promotion to List your Concerts: connect your upcoming events via Ticketmaster, Songkick, Eventbrite or AXXS. This can be done through the Spotify for Artists dashboard.
- Create a Youtube Channel and show your music production skills and teach others. Indirectly you can connect with people to show your music, and ideally win new fans.
- Find real organic Spotify Playlists or Music promotion blogs through submithub. Some Submithub alternatives are Groover, Playlist Push, Indiemono, Soundplate, playlist-promotion to get organic spotify plays
- Find Twicht users who play your music in the background or ad your music to their playlists
- Collaborate with other artists and get more followers.
- You can also increase your reach by remixing more popular artists. This way you can gain new listeners even if you probably can't publish the songs on spotify. To find remix contest visit the following links: Skiomusic, Metapop, Kreasound, findremix
- Promote your song through blogs and find them via Hype Machine
- Promote your Music with Spotify Ads
- Promote Your Music with Facebook Ads
- Don't buy Spotify plays, and do not take the risk of being banned as an artist
- Increase the sound quality of your songs by Mixing and Mastering
What are your favorite free spotify promotion tips? Let me know in the comments.
Spotify tips and tricks
Limited Offer - 50% Discount!
Get your first Audio Mastering now and save 50%. Because your music deserves brilliant & powerful sound.