Free Spotify Promotion Tips 2022
Every day thousands of new songs are released on Spotify,how do you manage to promote your Music organically and for free on Spotify? Read these free Spotify promotion tips and learn how to get organic plays and submit to Spotify Playlists.
Music release Basics and Profile optimization
- Use Spotify for Artists: Claim your Artist profile or get access instantly through a distributor. This will give you access to statistics (how many times your song was played, how many times it was saved, and which countries and cities your song were listened to). Download also the app Spotify for Artists
- Complete your Profile info via Spotify for Artists. Upload a current profile photo and add a bio to tell your story and connect to your audience.
- Consistent music publishing is king. To build up a fanbase, you have to publish Music regularly over a long period. You will surely see the first positive results after one year, but the enormous success can often only be seen after three years. That depends on how good your marketing skills are and the quality of your Music.
- Regularly release new Music every 4 to 6 weeks, or minimum, every quarter of a year.
- Release Singles instead of EPs or Albums because you have more opportunities to regularly release new Music to find your audience.
- Identify your unique music style; the Spotify algorithm will find the right listeners for you over time.
- Use Artist's Pick to feature Music at the top of your profile. Make a track, an album, or a playlist the focus of your profile for two weeks.
- Use Spotify Canvas to add looping visuals to your song: Spotify Canvas is a feature to upload 3-8 second looping videos to your release; this positively affects your shares, playlist adds, and streams. Use it now with Spotify for Artists.
- List your Concerts and DJ Gigs: connect your upcoming events via Ticketmaster, Songkick, Eventbrite or AXXS. This can be done through the Spotify for Artists dashboard.
Pitch your Music to Playlists
- Pitch your Music to Official Spotify Playlists via Spotify for Artists (the latest you should be pitching is seven days before your release date, better than four weeks before). Log in to Spotify for Artists on Desktop; at the top of the home tab, select pitch a song, choose a song and fill out the info. The more information Spotify gets, the better your chances of being selected.
- Submit to user-generated Spotify Playlists: Search popular playlists and try to contact music curators via Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, or e-mail. Often the playlist curators use the same name as on Spotify.
- If you send your Music to playlist curators, check if the playlist has real followers. Isitagoodplaylist.com
- is an excellent Spotify playlist analyzer to see if the playlist has real value in promoting your songs.
- Share any Playlists you are featured on via your Social Media Channels.
- Build your own Playlists while supporting other artists and showcasing your sound. Use keyword optimization to get found. Implement the most critical keywords in the title and your playlist description.
- Find real organic Spotify Playlists or Music promotion blogs through submithub. Some Submithub alternatives are Groover, Playlist Push, Indiemono, Soundplate, playlist-promotion, OmariMC to get organic spotify plays
- Don't buy Spotify plays, and do not take the risk of being banned as an artist
Use Social Media to Promote your Songs
- Create a Youtube Channel, show your music production skills, and teach others. Indirectly, you can connect with people to show your Music and win new fans.
- Use Instagram Reels or TikTok and add your Music to your short videos. Then direct your followers to Spotify to listen to the entire song.
- Create infographics on social media that your followers can use to learn something.
- Find Twitch users who play your Music in the background or ad your Music to their playlists.
- Drive traffic to your Spotify Tracks via Social Media, Your Website, Reddit, Quora, etc.
- Ask your Fans to follow you on Spotify, so your Music will show up in their Discover Weekly & Release Radar playlists.
Other Promotion tactics
- Build your own website and generate traffic to your Music
- Build an E-mail list and send your new Music releases to your Fans
- Try to Collaborate with Other Musicians or produce remixes to get more Spotify plays and followers.
- If your fanbase is big enough, try to convince them to buy your Music or merch through Bandcamp or Beatport to earn more from your music.
- You can also increase your reach by remixing more famous artists. This way, you can gain new listeners even if you probably can't publish the songs on Spotify. To find remix contests visit the following links:
- Skiomusic, Metapop, Kreasound, findremix
- Contact blogs and find them via Hype Machine
- Increase the sound quality of your songs by Mixing and Mastering
Place ads to promote your Release
- Promote your Music with Spotify Ads
- Promote Your Music with Instagram and Facebook Ads
- Use Spotifys advertising Plattform "Ad Studio"
What are your favorite free Spotify promotion tips? Let me know in the comments.
Spotify tips and tricks
Free Mastering Sample?
Get your Test Mastering now. Because your music deserves brilliant & powerful sound.