Work in progress!
While being creative and mixing your Song, you have to find the best Reverb for your Vocal recordings, Synth, Drums, Snare or Piano Instruments.
- General reverb tips and informations
- Reverb Vst Plugin Comparison
- Best reverb effect pedal & processors
- Free Reverb VST Plugins
- A Reverb is the acoustic space that surrounds a sound(reverberation). The acoustic environment sound is influenced by other factors like, the length, width and height of a room.
- Another factor that influences the sound is the materials used to make the walls, floors or objects nearby. When you perceive a reverb, you hear closely spaced echoes and the sound created by the decay of the hall, influenced by the spatial design.
- A reverb is created in just about any natural environment, but can also be generated by a computer / DSP algorithm. These hardware devices or VST effect plugins are designed to create natural as well as supernatural environments.
Why you should use reverb effects?
To give more space to your songs. Due to the depth graduation, you can place individual instruments in different rooms to improve the acoustical locatability
how reverb works?
Parameters of reverb effects
- Reverb: Hall algorithm for generating general spatial effects ("reverberation", etc.)
- Type and Shape: Selection of the basic algorithm: simulated room size, ratio and arrangement of the room boundaries
- Predelay: determines the delay between the original signal and the reverb tail; The latter is divided into two main components
- Density: Density of the reverb - low density may sometimes sound unnatural or "clanking", but high density may be partly muddy
- Time: Affects simulated size as well as decay behavior of the room
- Early Reflections: First reflections (superimposition of single, few times reflected echoes
- Reverb: Reverb tail (diffuse superposition of many, already often reflected echoes)
- Wet / Dry Mix: Ratio of effect to original signal.
- Delay: Delay algorithm for generating "echo" effects
The Chamber/Hall algorithm realistically reproduces rooms with many reflections, such as those that used to exist in studios as so-called reverberation chambers (echo chambers).
The Room algorithm is the classic tool for giving a basic spatiality to individual instruments or a complete mix.
Plate algorithms are preferred for drums, percussion and vocals. They usually have a bright, slightly metallic sound and produce the typical reverb tail. However, they are not defined by a realistic room.
The reverb can also be generated without acoustic vibrations and echoes. Rather, echoes can be generated electronically by computer calculations. The advantage of the Convolution reverb is that it can simulate the reverb exactly and can sound very natural.
Reverb Mixing Tips:
Sense of Depth
When mixing, use 3 different reverb rooms (small, medium, large) and create a single send effect channel for each one. Now mix your instruments into the different reverb effect vst plugins.
- Bass and drums in the small reverb room
- Synthies in the middle reverb room
- Effects and vocals in the big reverb room
Mixing Tip 2: Pan a Instrument to the right, let's say 50%. Then create an effect-send channel and use the panning slider and set it to 50% to the left. Now place a delay and reverb vst plugin in the effect-send channel. Now you send your instrument, which is panned to 50% to the right, into the effect channel. Your instrument will be routed through the delay and reverb plugins and the sound will be much wider. Work with the Wet / Dry regulator to optimize the effects, because less effect is sometimes more.
Bass and Reverb
To produce a clear bass that still has reverb and spatiality, no reverb should be on the sub and low frequencies. Make sure that the reverb is only activated from 150-300hz. Everything under the frequencies should be a completely dry audio signal.
If your reverb does not include an equalizer, you need to create a send effect channel. Next send your bass to the effect channel. First you use an equalizer in the send channel. With this you make a low cut for the low frequencies of the bass. Then you can add the reverb and hear a better result. Now mix the dry signal with the low cut reverb from the send effect channel. Mix these two tracks until you get the best result.
reverb for vocals and Rap
reverb before distortion?
reverb or delay?
reverb before delay?
Ultimate reverb VST Plugins: The Comparison and price guide 2019
This is my reverb comparison and price Guide. You can hear some reverb examples as well. Try these reverb effects for Ableton Live, Fl Studio, Cubase, Logic pro, Pro tools, Studio One when mixing your music.
Slate Verbsuite Classics
8 of the most classic digital reverbs from the past forty years can be accessed in one single reverb plugin. A Few of these reverbs have never been released in a plugin before. VerbSuite Classics reproduce the actual tone and modulation characteristics of a reverb using LiquidSonics' proprietary Fusion-IR processing knowledge. Unlike static impulse responses found in a typical convolution reverb, Fusion-IRs are able to clone the evolving character of modulated digital reverbs which makes it possible to create the lively and convincing acoustic spaces so accurate for hit records.
Exponential Audio Nimbus
Exponential Audio Nimbus is an algorithmic reverb effect. According to the manufacturer, this reverb plugin is used in several movies and by Grammy-winning producers. This vst effect is equipped with overdrive to give the reverb tail more warmth and assertiveness. There is also tempo synchronization to calculate the pre-delay automatically. There is also the option to dampen the reverb tail for more dynamics automatically. Another option is a compressor or expander with an included warp option. To get inspired, you can also click through the nearly 1200 presets.
Lexicon PCM Native Reverb
Lexicon is famous for its production of superior reverb devices, not without reason the hardware equipment was found in many famous recording studios.
Meanwhile it is possible to imitate the special DSP predecessors with at least equal quality on computers. The Lexicon PCM Native Reverb consists of 7 single vst plugins.
- Vintage Plate
- Random Hall
- Concert Hall
Valhalla Vintage Verb is a versatile recommendation in terms of performance quality and price! Good for subtle short rooms and crazy modulated stuff. A true character verb with 3 Color modes for dialing the tone color
This Vst includes 17 Reverb Algorithms:
- Concert Hall
- Bright Hall
- Random Space
- Chorus Space
- Dirty Hall
- Dirty Plate
- Smooth Plate
- Smooth Room
- Smooth Random
- Chaotic Hall
- Chaotic Chamber
Another Valhalla reverb plugin with a simple GUI, always conducive to very quickly dialing in sound. Room sounds absolutely amazing and is very tweakable. This Plugin is a little more tailored for clean and realistic sounding reverb. They'll put your drums right in the room with you or can add a nice airy sheen.
Valhalla room comes with 12 reverberation algorithms:
- Large Room
- Medium Room
- Bright Room
- Large Chamber
- Dark Room
- Dark Chamber
- Dark Space
- Dense Room
A Natural sounding algorithmic reverb, with dozens of room models. The VST Plugin is very easy to adjust to fit the mix, it is definitely one of the most flexible and great sounding reverbs on the market. Pro-R has a very nice workflow, for editing the decay and pre and post equing. The overall reverb sound is kind of lush and known for its superb realistic musical spaces. Because of it's clean sound, Pro-R is almost invisible and you never have a problem with muddy sound layers. If you search a reverb which preserves the source audio and is not known for its special vintage character, than Fabfilter's Pro-R is your right choice.
D16 Toraverb 2
Recreate any type of reverb with Toraverb's algorithm based concept reverb. To achieve most natural sound, Toraverb is equipped with two independent, single band, fully parametric equalizers with 3 available curve types each.
Other Key features:
- High quality diffusion network
- Pre-delay with optional tempo sync
- Reverb's tail modulation
- Controllable crosstalking spatial reflections
- Early and Late mixer
- Built-in ducker
- Adjustable FX crossfade characteristics
Softube Spring Reverb
Softube TSAR-1 Reverb
Hofa IQ Reverb
Audio Ease Altiverb
10 Best Reverb Effect Pedal & Processors 2018
from $ 799,-
TC Electronic HOF
Buy TC Electronic HOf from $ 149,-
Buy Boss RV-6 Digital Reverb
from $ 146,-
Buy Lexicon PCM92 from $ 1799,-
Buy Lexicon MX200 Price: $ 199,-
Buy Donner Digital from $ 45,-
Buy Lexicon PCM96 from $ 2999,-
Eventide Space reverb
from $ 499,-
Buy Caline CP-26 from $ 39,-
7 Free reverb vst Plugins
HERE IS A LIST OF FREE DOWNLOADable Reverb VST PLUGINS, CLICK ON THE LINKS TO LOAD THE FILES ON YOUR HARD DRIVE
- TAL REVERB 1 / 2/ 3/ 4 - Diffuse Vintage reverb Sounds
- Semantic Audio's Safe Reverb
- Dasample Glace Verb - algorithms for a natural sounding reverb, 64 presets included
- Smartelectronicx Ambience Reverb - A classic, quality and Ambience Reverb effect
- Voxengo Oldschool Verb - A non percussive, algorithmic Vintage reverb
- Variety of Sound's epicVerb - Epic sounds by small room and ambience effects, this VST comes with a included EQ
- U-He Protoverb is a natural and experimental sounding room simulator
fl studio Reverb
In Fl Studio 20, three reverb effect plugins are included by default.
- Fruity Reverb
- Fruity Reverb 2
- Fruity Convolver (Sample Reverb)
You can also install more Vst plugins. On this page you will find an overview of other free reverb effects and higher quality plugins that you have to pay.
How to add reverb in FL Studio
- First go to the Channel Rack and select a Instrument
- When you are done you can open the Mixer
- Then you have to select a Mixer Channel, as example Insert 1
- If your Instrument is not already loaded, right click on "Insert 1" and click on "Routing" >> "Route Selected channel to this Track"
- After that your Instrument is loaded to the Mixer, now you can start to add the Reverb Effect
- On the right side of the mixer you will find the menu item "Slot 1". Make a left click, now the effect selection menu opens. At the end you can add any reverb effect to your choice
- Now you can choose any preset and use the Mix level control to adjust the intensity of the effect